Volunteers are those people who take the time to make a difference.
Library Volunteer Policy
The McIntosh Memorial Library welcomes you as a volunteer to the library. In order to make this a rewarding experience for everyone, please read the following guidelines and show your agreement by signing.
- As a public volunteer I will be clean and presentable. (Volunteers should be free of any strong odors such as smoke, strong soap, perfume, or cologne.)
- Volunteers’ personal appearance contributes to a favorable public image for the library. Volunteers are expected to dress neatly and modestly.
- I will be polite in words and actions to all library patrons and staff.
- I will work in a quiet and safe manner.
- I will give the library sufficient notice if I am unable to work at my scheduled time.
- I may bring food or beverages to the library. All items must be kept in the back office and they must not interfere with my duties.
- Volunteers as well as staff members are asked to treat all information about patrons or library staff in a confidential manner. This includes all information that may be passed through word of mouth, computer documents, and other records.
- I will maintain appropriate physical boundaries when working with people.
- I will be willing to learn various aspects of library work and comply with library policies.
- I authorize the Library to conduct a background check before I begin my duties as a volunteer.
I have read the above and agree to the policies. I understand my volunteer privileges may be revoked if I violate any aspect of this policy.