MCINTOSH MEMORIAL LIBRARY LAPTOP USE POLICY & LOAN AGREEMENT
- Users must read the McIntosh Memorial Library Laptop Loan Agreement.
- The laptop computers will be available on a first-come, first served basis to WRLS cardholders only.
- Users must be 14 years of age or over to check out the laptop computer.
- A current WRLS card and/or a valid driver’s license or photo id will be required to check out the laptop.
- Laptops are for in-Library use only and may not be taken outside the Library.
- Laptops should not be left unattended at any time. Laptops found unattended by library staff will be immediately returned to the circulation desk.
- At the end of your loan period the laptop computer must be returned to the circulation desk.
- All user files and documents must be saved to a recordable flash drive, provided by the user. All files saved on the hard drive will be erased when the computer is returned.
- Printing will be available at a cost of $.25 for black and white and $1.00 for color.
- Laptops can be checked out for up to four hours per day.
- Laptops cannot be renewed.
- Laptops not returned will be considered lost/stolen and the user will be billed for the full replacement fees. The Viroqua Police Department will also be notified of the computer theft.
Fines and Replacements
- The replacement cost for this laptop computer will be no less than $600.00, plus accrued overdue fines.
- The overdue fine on the computer is $50.00 per day.
I accept full responsibility for the laptop computer and accessories that I am borrowing. I understand that I am responsible for the costs of repairing (parts and labor costs) or replacing this laptop computer, components, and accessories if they are damaged, lost, or stolen while it is checked out to me.
Print borrower’s signature_______________________________________________________________