Creating Community Beyond Biases: Library Resources
January 1st – December 31st 2021
This all ages, year long Humanities program acknowledges a history, heritage or an awareness of-the– month by providing accredited book lists to contemplate diverse human voices and cultural perspectives, and provides interactive, safe, virtual presentations for community-driven conversations to engage as an inclusive community.
- This program has the potential to provide our community an accessible, free platform to safely engage in the subjects of racial equity and cultural diversity through a variety of exciting, interactive conversations and provide lists of accredited, relevant library resources
- This program will provide the opportunities for community members to engage with one another in a safe way with the purpose of exploring relevant, community-driven interests in the subjects of racial equity and cultural diversity.
- Motivated, interested community members and McIntosh Memorial Library staff members will have the opportunity to educate themselves for the purpose of improving their self-efficacy in service to all community members.
- Being a rural community in the time of social distancing, this program will network people and counter disengagement from minority groups in a safe, constructive way with the goal to meet our neighbors, address issues, and resolve to better our community because of our safe interactions and self-education.
- Creating Community Beyond Biases: Library Resources is offered to all people within the Winding Rivers Library System, and even available to people who have not yet signed up for a library-borrower account. All people are welcomed regardless of their account status however, an additional goal of this program is to outreach broadly to all community members and inspire their life-long learning and apply for a library card.
- Portions of this program will be available to view on Vernon Communications Cooperative local television cable Community Channel 14. View VCC’s website for local listings. Vernon Communications Coop Channel 14.
- Links for the virtual presentations can be found within your own personal Beanstack account. Certain presentations can also be found under Viroqua Library’s Facebook Events Page.
- All virtual presentations are available on the library’s YouTube Channel McIntosh Memorial Library Viroqua YouTube Channel
Questions? Would you like to present? Contact Ms. Laci Sheldon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-637-7151 ext.7 to leave a voice message.