The comfort room in the Children’s Department at the McIntosh Memorial Library is for use by lactating staff or patrons for the purpose of privately expressing breast milk, nursing or calming small children and infants as needed.
- The comfort room will be made available on an equitable basis. Employees will be given first opportunity for use based on laws requiring employers to provide accommodations for nursing mothers.
- Individual patrons may use the comfort room for up to one hour each day.
- Individuals using the comfort room must follow the Patron Rules of Conduct policy.
- Caregivers using the comfort room must remain in direct supervision of all children who are with them.
- Staff has the discretionary authority to limit the number of children in the room.
- The room is not large enough to accommodate more than one adult.